EXTERNAL/ INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
The Council seeks to make the following appointment
ICT INTERNSX 1 (REF: ICT/08/2019) (18 MONTHS CONTRACT)
To assist the ICT department in the implementation of the ICT Implementation Plan. Support the ICT team in the maintance of hardware, software and other systems. To troubleshoot issues with equipment like printers, computers and servers. To set up workstations with computers and other necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc. Install and configure software and functions according to specifications.
This is an internship programme and the position will report to the IT Manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology, Management Information System Major
· Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
· Good understanding of the latest software, hardware and programming techniques
· Must be passionate about computers, programming and engineering
· Understanding of the Public Sector
· Good analytical skills
· Must be able to multitask
· Attention to detail
· Problem Solving Skills
· Database Management
· MS SQL, Exchange, Access and .NET frameworks
· Good knowledge of ICT systems
· Be a team player and ability to work under pressure
· Customer services skills
· Ability to read, analyse, and interpret documents
· Administration skills
· Outstanding multitasking abilities
· Ability to work with and understand basic ICT concepts.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Support the ICT team in maintaining hardware, software and other systems
· Organise and maintain IT resources
· Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
· Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
· Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
· Data Center Management
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Recruitment@mhsc.org.zaEnquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-070-4200
Closing date: 31 August 2019
NB:No late applications will be accepted.