To Manage the Inspection of the buildings. Manage and control the service and maintenance of contractors. Manage and control of tenant installations and execution of building relevant activities as predetermined by the Manager and Assets Management. Provide, Maintain and develop a number of different services such as Assets strategy, Office Space management, infrastructure, building maintenance, Testing and inspections, Building administration, Contract management, management of health and safety infrastructure , Security infrastructure , Business continuity planning, Managing renovations and refurbishments. Protect and preserve the critical assets of the organization, Ensure the timely update and maintenance of the asset register, Ensure effective Asset monitoring, planning & control and Ensure adherence to the Asset Management SOP.
The position reports to the Finance Manager.
• Degree specializing in Facility or/and Property Management.
• Post-grad in Facilities Management or Business Management will be advantageous.
• 2 to 3 years in Facilities Management
• Knowledgeable on PFMA, OHSA and relevant acts including safety, fire and emergency procedures.
• Knowledgeable on technology of the building, space planning and project management.
• Computer Literate
• Driver License
• SAFMA membership will be advantageous
• Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong Administrative experience
• Good understanding of the latest Building and space planning
• Must be passionate about Facilities and Operational Management
• Understanding of Property Strategy and Space Management
• Strong organisation and Time Management skills
• Must be able to multitask
• Attention to detail
• Able to work well under pressure
• Team Player
• Good Interpersonal Skills
• Competent writing and communication skills – including the ability to communicate technical information
• Time management skills
• Teamwork and motivational skills
• Negotiation skills
• Proactive thinking
• Understanding of soft and hard service delivery
• Passionate about delivering consistent excellence
• General Condition and maintenance of the office building and its surroundings
• Review the contracts of security, leases and rental service providers
• Ensure Compliance
• Review the condition of moveable assets and ensure that they are adequately insured and safe
• Review the escape routes for emergencies and ensure that they are accessible and properly functioning
• Ensure fire extinguishers and photo copier are serviced and easily accessible
• Manage registry by collecting and distributing mail
• Responsible for the use of franking machine
• Manage the filing room by establishing access control, issuance and recording files
• Effective use of assets by advising on assets that are idle
• Ensuring effective use of storage
• Knowledge of plumbing and general maintenance
• Quality / Standards awareness and implementation
• Budgeting and Expense control
• Building management and administration
• Tenant Installations, Revamps & Upgrades
• People Management (Internal and External)
• Basic Contract management
• In depth knowledge of GPS Lease conditions including house rules, knowledge of housekeeping principles
• Advanced technical knowledge
• Administration principles and reporting
• Working knowledge of statutory requirements
• Knowledge of cost budgeting and control
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Closing date: 22 November 2019
NB: No late applications will be accepted.