The incumbent will report to: Chief Executive Officer
To provide strategic leadership to the HR unit ensuring that the company has human capability to achieve its objective.
Key performance areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Develop, implement and review HR Strategy and Policies.
· Develop an approach to recruitment and selection strategies.
· Develop and implement Remuneration and Performance Management Strategy.
· Develop strategies that enhance sound Employee Relations.
· Create and monitor Organisational Development, Change and Transformation Management solutions.
· Oversee all Human Capital and Corporate Support Administration.
· Develop and Implement Capacity and Leadership Development interventions.
· Build and Maintain Continuous Communication and Relationship with relevant Stakeholders.
· Create and Maintain Records and Information Management Systems.
1. Strategy and policies
· Contribute towards MHSC Strategic Plan.
· Conditions of service: conceptualising relevant strategy, planning, managing and implementation of human resource strategy.
· Facilitating and conducting consultation processes for policy adoption throughout the MHSC.
· Putting the requisite institutional mechanism in place for policy implementation.
· Monitoring and evaluating the continuous application of all human resources policies and procedures.
2. Recruitment and selection
· Determine staffing needs in conjunction with line management.
· Develop and update position profiles in line with the Competency Framework.
· Recruit and select suitable candidates (internally and externally).
· Liaise with selected recruitment and advertising agencies.
· Utilise various psychometric and competency based assessment methods for selection purpose.
· Advise line management in selecting suitable candidates.
· Determine individual salary packages and fringe benefits ensuring internal and external parity.
· Prepare employment contracts / letters of employment.
3. Remuneration Management
· Facilitate salary benchmarking process.
· Conduct ad – hoc remuneration studies.
· Conduct market – comparison surveys
· Design and implement short term incentives schemes that is aligned to the Reward and Recognition Policy.
· Develop and implement a retention strategy.
· Do Benefit reviews.
· Advise line management with regards to the development implementation and monitoring of career progress system linked to remuneration for acquired and applied skills.
· Coordinate and administer the payment of performance bonus.
· Assist with the implementation and monitoring of flexible remuneration packages for management and all staff.
· Ensure that Reward Strategy is aligned with HR Strategy.
· Develop and implement the MHSC Remuneration strategy and policy.
4. Performance Management
· Review of performance management policies and processes.
· Implement the revised PMS framework in the MHSC.
· Provide training on revised PMS Framework and policy.
· Implement the e-Performance Management System.
· Conduct quality assurance in all completed performance contracts.
· Enforce the implementation and submission of quarterly and midyear reviews to HR.
· Maintain Accurate performance contracts database.
· Guides HRRAC on the Council Committees and Council Performance.
· Facilitate and guide the moderation of performance scores at all levels.
5. Labour Relations
· Assist line management and HR Practitioners with Management of grievance and disciplinary procedures.
· Ensure that grievance and disciplinary processes are effected in line with Disciplinary and Grievance Policies.
· Advise line management on the application of fair labour practices and labour relations policies and procedures.
· Facilitate capacity building on labour relations legislation and practices.
· Implement all relevant legislation pertaining to human resources management.
· Facilitate and chair bilateral meetings with Organised Labour to discuss all employee relations matters.
6. Organisational Development, Change & Transformation Management
· Define approach and framework for leadership development programmes.
· Develop and implement the Capacity Building Plan.
· Provide career guidance and counselling where required.
· Review current OD strategy and recommend improvements.
· Devise a Change Management Plan to align with all internal interventions.
· Develop and implement MHSC Change and Transformation Management Framework.
· Create and implement Wellness and Wellbeing programmes/interventions to ensure organisational harmony.
· Ensure continuous and improved Employee engagement.
7. Communication and Stakeholder management
· Develop and implement Communication and Stakeholder Management Strategy.
· Identify and profile stakeholders.
· Identify Stakeholders Communication needs.
· Identify appropriate communication platforms according to the meet the needs identified.
· Manage and oversee Organisational Events (internal and external).
8. Records Management
· Ensure the provision of efficient Records Management and Information System.
· Oversee MHSC’s records from their creation and preservation through to disposal.
· Developing, maintaining, verifying and evaluating the existing records management systems to ensure its relevance.
· Ensure the effective management of the physical and digital library.
9. Risk Management
· Contribute to the MHSC Risk Management Strategy.
· Implement Human Capital Unit’s Risk Mitigation Action Plan.
10. Statutory Reporting and Compliance
· Together with EXCO team develop Employment Equity and Skills Development Plans.
· Ensure existence of EE/Skills Development Committee.
· Facilitate, coordinate and meetings of the Committee.
· Compile and submit EE/ATR reports.
· Compile quarterly Human Capital Reports.
· Compile the Human Capital contribution for the MHSC Annual Report.
· Coordinate and ensure approval of HRRAC Pack before dissemination.
· Attend and present reports, policies and any related unit work to EXCO and HRRAC.
11. Human Capital Administration
· Responsible for all personnel administration with specific reference to:
· Salary comparisons.
· Salary adjustments.
· Internal/external correspondence.
· Monthly reports
· Bursary administration
· Personnel records.
· Leave administration
12. Audit Findings implementation
· Develop audit findings implementation plan.
· Develop management action plan to address deficiencies.
· Compile quarterly audit reports on findings.
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Practical assessments will be conducted with shortlisted candidates. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Recruitment@mhsc.org.za. Kindly use the reference number in the subject line. Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797.
Closing date: 9 October 2020
NB: No late applications will be accepted.