Notice And Invitation To Serve On The Information Communication Technology Steering Committee Of MHSC
The Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC) was established in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA) to advise the Minister of Minerals and Energy on health and safety at mines, on research programmes and the review of regulations pertaining to mine health and safety.
The MHSC is listed as a Public Entity (Schedule 3A) according to the PFMA, and in terms of government funding received for administrative purposes, as legislated by the Mine Health and Safety Act.
The MHSC hereby invites applications from suitable qualified persons wishing to serve on its Information Communication Technology Steering Committee (ICTSC).
- Professional qualifications Masters in ICT.
- Must have the necessary skills, knowledge and competencies to fulfil their duties and obligations as the ICTSC Committee member.
- Relevant qualification in Ac Information and Communication Technology.
- Experience as an Audit and Risk Committee member is preferable; or
- At least 15 years’ relevant experience as a senior manager or executive in the following field/s, Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in public sector and PFMA and its Regulations.
- Membership of a recognised professional body will serve as an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Public Sector experience, understanding of skills development legislation imperatives.
Ability to attend at least four (4) meetings per annum which are remunerated in line with the applicable National Treasury Regulations for Board and Board Committees fees rate.
Term of Office
The term of office will be three (3) years’ which is renewable depending on performance.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews to be conducted by a panel appointed by the Council. The final appointments will be made by the Council based on the recommendation of the interview panel.
Submission of Applications and closing date:
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Kindly use the reference number ICTSC/02/02/21
Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797
MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 26th February 2021 at 16H00. Late applications will not be considered.