Notice And Invitation To Serve On The Human Resources Remuneration And Advisory Committee Of MHSC
The Mine Health and Safety Council (MHSC) was established in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act (MHSA) to advise the Minister of Minerals and Energy on health and safety at mines, on research programmes and the review of regulations pertaining to mine health and safety.
The MHSC is listed as a Public Entity (Schedule 3A) according to the PFMA, and in terms of government funding received for administrative purposes, as legislated by the Mine Health and Safety Act.
The MHSC hereby invites applications from suitable qualified persons wishing to serve on its Human Resources Remuneration and Advisory Committee.
- Minimum post graduate qualification in the field of Human
- Resources/Occupational Development/Labour or related fields;
- Legal background will be an added advantage;
- Appropriate experience and/or knowledge of the Public service and Public entities will be a strong recommendation; and
- Previous experience as a member of a Human Resources Committee or a Human
- Resources Executive in the public sector, private sector and/or public entity.
- Registration with a Professional Body is a high recommendation.
Committee member will be remunerated in accordance with the rates determined by the Mine Health and Safety Council from time to time. Travelling on official duty will be reimbursed at rates determined by the Mine Health and Safety Council.
Term of Office
The term of office will be three (3) years’ which is renewable depending on performance.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews to be conducted by a panel appointed by the Council. The final appointments will be made by the Council based on the recommendation of the interview panel.
Submission of Applications and closing date:
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Kindly use the reference number: HRRAC/02/02/21
Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797
MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Closing date: 26th February 2021 at 16H00. Late applications will not be considered.