Ref: Management Accountant X1 (Ref: MA/11/2022) (Permenant)
The incumbent will report to FINANCE MANAGER
The incumbent will be responsible for Management accounting work and reporting for the MHSC, ensuring that the revenue and research budgets are done. Levy invoices are raised on time. He/She will have to prepare and submit monthly and quarterly DMR reports, Treasury Reports, and monthly performance reports on mine levies, DMR levies and administration of fine levies. It will also be part of his/her duties to ensure that invoicing is based on accurate databases to eliminate queries and late payments. Monitor the work of the credit control office as well as monitor and report on research expenditure.
- Degree in Accounting
- 3 years articles
- 3-5 years accounting experience as an accountant and in dealing with sales and debtors, purchases and disbursements
- General Ledger
- Reconciliation and reporting
- Knowledge of GRAP requirements and their application
- Knowledge of the PFMA and its application
Key performance areas:
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Validate the invoicing database
- Provide accounting solutions to enquiries
- Review and supervise the processing of receipts to ensure there are no misallocations
- Ensure that direct deposits into the bank are processed
- Investigate and resolve debtors with credit balances
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Handle bank queries relating to debtors
- Prepare revenue budget and rates to be used for invoicing
- Load the approved revenue budget onto Great Plains
- Report on actual revenues against budget
- Laise with Auditors on revenue, debtors and budgets
- Prepare inputs into audit files and resolve audit queries
- Ensure that all steps in the process are covered and thought through in terms of possible implications to other areas
- Ensure work and action plans fits with given projects or operational requirements
- Monitor and continuously report progress against plan
- Ensure competitive performance measures are benchmarked and defined for the area of accountability\
- Ensure workload is allocated appropriately amongst staff and deliverables/ measures/targets are discussed and agreed upon regularly with staff
- Take appropriate remedial action to bring staff members performance to acceptable levels
- Hold regular one-on-ones with staff to discuss progress in area of accountability
- Hold formal performance reviews in accordance with the Performance Management Policy
- Ensure efficiency and quality of services, production processes and procedures
- Ensure recruitment is in line with the recruitment policy and Departmental targets
- Ensure comprehensive and applicable developmental plans for staff are in place
- Provide staff with necessary responsibility, resources, authority, information, and development to perform their work
- Ensure principles and operating guidelines are in place to direct behaviour and assist direct reports with decision making
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds,m Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Should you not hear from us within 3 months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to: Recruitment@mhsc.org.za.
Kindly use the reference number in the subject line. Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797.
Closing date: 25th of November 2022.
No applications will be accepted after the closing date.