EXTERNAL/ INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
The Council seeks to make the following appointment
ETHICS OFFICER (Ref. GEO/0672019) (12 MONTHS CONTRACT)
To assist the Governance Risk and Compliance Office (GRC Unit) in the implementation of the Ethics Strategy and Implementation Plan. To ensure MHSC culture change. Develop and set MHSC ethics strategy. Develop and Implement ethical standards to guide internal and external stakeholders. Etc.
The position is at Management level and reports to the Corporate Governance Officer (Executive).
· Honours or Post Graduate Degree in Internal Auditing, Law, Compliance, Governance, or equivalent in related field of study.
· At least 5 years’ experience in an Ethics role
· 3 years’ management experience in ethics management
· Certified Ethics Officer
· Internal audit, risk management, compliance or governance related experience
· Extensive knowledge of King Codes on Corporate Governance
· Knowledge in developing and implementing Ethics Standard Operating Procedures
· Experience of developing the Ethics Strategy and Plan
· Understanding of the Public Sector
· Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
· Ability to work with and understand basic mathematical concepts and statistics with regards to Compliance and Governance.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Excellent & confident communicator.
· Good facilitation and presentation skills.
· Good knowledge of MS Office.
· Excellent standard of written English.
· Be a team player and ability to work under pressure
· Develop and provide oversight the ethics of an organization.
· Provide leadership and expert advice to make sure of the development, explanation and execution of ethics and the observance of the policies and programs of MHSC
· Conduct investigation that is based on the accusations and objections of s that is brought to his awareness by governance structures of MHSC.
· Guide MHSC to develop the code of ethics so that there are clear standards and also institute penalty for non-compliance to the code.
· Enforce the code of ethics and make modifications as needed.
· Assess the mission, vision, goals and values of a company and assess compliance to the statements
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to:
Recruitment@mhsc.org.zaEnquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011 070 4200.
Closing date: 31 August 2019
NB:No late applications will be accepted.