EXTERNAL/ INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Compliance Officer: (Ref: GCO/23/05/2019) - (12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Monthly Total Cost to Company is negotiable from R60 994.08
1. Job Purpose
· To provide compliance and governance support to the Council, Advisory Committees and to the Corporate Governance Officer. The Compliance Officer will report to the Corporate Governance Officer.
2. Minimum Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
· 5+ years’ experience in development and implementation of compliance management.
· 4+ years’ supervisory experience.
· Compliance related certification e.g. ISO 19600, The Compliance Institute of South Africa
3. Experience with:
· Developing and implementing compliance programmes/framework.
· Advanced computer and Microsoft Office skills.
· understanding of regulations affecting public sector e.g. PFMA,
· Presenting and training
· Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance
4. Key Performance Areas and Activities will include but not limited to:
· Manage business compliance activities for the organisation.
· Collaborate with management team to make sure that the entire organisation is aware of compliance requirements
· Develop internal controls and policies to ensure that all compliance needs and requirements are met.
· Work closely with business unit managers to review all organisational policies on compliance
· review the compliance framework and update with the latest legislation, framework and best practice requirements.
· Develop standard operating procedures for compliance.
· Develop, monitor and update Compliance risk universe
· Develop standard reports on compliance to various governance structures.
· Develop compliance risk register for MHSC.
· Manage and monitor MHSC Policy Index.
· Facilitate Policy Review processes
5. Personality Traits
· Time conscious.
· Team player.
· Willing to go the extra mile.
· Willing to be corrected and learn.
· Exceptional business acumen
· Good writing skills
· Computer skills
The MHSC is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be made in accordance with the MHSC EE Policy. Woman, Coloureds, Indians, Whites and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. MHSC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please forward a detailed CV, clearly quoting the reference number of the position to: Recruitment@mhsc.org.za. Enquiries should be directed to HR Department at 011-656-1797.
Closing date: 28 June 2019
NB: No late applications will be accepted.